The warm balmy air... the smell of gardenia and hibiscus wafting... the cost of your phone bill!
A few things to make room for in your budget if you are contemplating a destination wedding:
(1) Huge phone bills, especially if your destination is out of the country
(2) Scouting trips, trips to finalize details, etc...
(3) Shipping costs for decor, clothing, etc...
(4) Airline fees for additional luggage, pets (if your resort accepts them)
(5) Local taxes
(6) Travel fees for vendors you are flying in (plane, taxi/car service and accomodations)
(7) Delivery charges for out of town goodies for your out of town guests
Destination weddings are a superb idea - you'll already be at your honeymoon location! Just be sure to find a local capable planner who can help you along the way.